Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Her Sweet Alpha Excerpt

Her Sweet Alpha is due out Friday. It's available for pre-order at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Here's a short and sweet sample. Enjoy!


     Halle watched in a frozen stupor as Dade closed and locked the door behind himself. “You’re letting out all the heat,” he explained. She stumbled back a step for every one he took forward. “We need to talk,” he said. “But first, I guess I should educate you on a few things.”
     He ran a broad hand through thick mahogany hair. The wind tousled waves added to his wild, untamed appearance. She was stunned anew by the vibrancy of his yellow eyes. Even if she hadn’t known of the existence of werewolves, those eyes would have reminded her of a wolf. There was something about him compelling other than just his good looks. He fairly crackled with raw energy. He was impossible to ignore. He was at once sexy and…terrifying.
     “How-how did you find me?”
     He growled softly. “I told you. You smell delicious.” He tapped the bridge of his nose. “I followed your scent.”
     “Yeah….” He thought he was her mate. And he was looking at her as though he could eat her up. That shouldn’t be a turn on, but somehow it was. When Lamar did it, it turned her stomach with disgust. Yet, this stranger had her panties wet and her nipples tight. And she didn’t understand it in the slightest. Yes, he was good looking, but she was mature enough not to have her head turned by a pretty face. Considering her track record with men, he was probably a liar, a cheater, or a loser. Most likely a combination, if not all three. “Listen, I don’t know if you heard me back there, but I’m human.”
     He nodded. “I know. Doesn’t matter. You’re my mate.”
     She frowned. “You can mate with humans?” 
     Another nod, this one slower as his eyes leisurely swept her body from head to toe. Halle retreated another step. “Don’t run,” he said. “I won’t be able to stop myself from chasing you. It’s a primal instinct. I’m faster than you. I will catch you.” He wet his lips. “And probably fuck you.”
     “You said we needed to talk,” she swiftly reminded him, unable to keep the panic out of her tone. She didn’t want him following that train of thought. She was an idiot. She never should have opened the door to him. He was too large. If things got physical, she didn’t stand a chance of being able to fight him off.
     He shook his head rapidly, as though trying to clear it. “Talk. Right.”
     “And to clarify—I’m not agreeing to be your mate.”
     “Don’t have to agree. You just are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment