Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Thank You!


I’d like to thank everyone who bought Her Sweet Alpha. I’ve been very pleased with its reception. It’s the first shifter book I’ve written and I wasn’t sure if it was something readers would embrace.

I do read reviews in the first week or so following a release. I can’t help myself. I want to know what people think. And I appreciate that someone took time out of their day to share their thoughts.

Sometimes this is a good thing. I want to know what readers enjoyed because it lets me know when I’m on the right track. Of course, no matter what, the next book can’t be exactly the same. We’d all be bored if that was the case. Even when someone hated a book, if their review is constructive, I feel I can learn something from it and it challenges me to do better next time.

Sometimes, of course, reading reviews isn’t a good thing. When I get bad reviews that don’t explain why they didn’t like a book, there’s nothing I can do with that. And, yeah, it bums me out. It’s like someone tossing a rotten tomato at your baby and then running off.

After days of pouring over not just reviews of my books but also critical reviews of books that I’ve loved, I’ve come to the trite conclusion that you can’t please everyone. Trite but true and soothing. All I can do is write stories that interest and please me and hope that someone else out there will enjoy those stories as well.

As summer draws to a close, I’m working on a book that I started many years ago. I’m hopeful that it will be complete by the end of the year. I’ll reveal more about that in the future.

In October, I plan to re-release my short story Chatting with a Vampire. It was included in the Just Vamps Anthology. It is the only vampire story I’ve ever written. I’ve edited it and extended it a bit, but it’s still a short story so it will be $0.99 and it will be available on Kindle Unlimited. I’ll be more specific about release dates on it soon.

8 comments:

  1. I want you to know I love everything you write. I have been a fan of yours for years. Please don't ever stop. You have wonderful writing skills and a very vivid imagination. It only takes me a day or two to read your new books. I hope you continue your bioexpa series. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I do have plans to write more Bioexpa books. I already have ideas for a couple more. It's a fun series to write.

      Delete
  2. I bought "Her sweet alpha" yesterday on a whim. I honestly love it, want to read more about this pack and am really excited for longer books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for dropping by and commenting. I really hadn't planned to do any sequels, but I am very influenced by what readers want. So, I'm thinking very seriously about it.

      Delete
  3. I discovered you with "Friends" and I read all your books since! I reread "Winning Dawn" always with as much pleasure! And I confess that I look forward a new story of the "Bioexpa" serie! As for "Her sweet alpha", I admit that a story around Missy also falling in love with a werewolf would be undoubtly thrilling ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Krys! Thanks for dropping by and commenting. I've a couple more ideas for Bioexpa stories and I've actually started one of them. I intended Her Sweet Alpha to be a stand alone. However, you're not the first person to request a sequel so I'm seriously thinking about it. No promises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your books. I loved Her Sweet Alpha, the wolf thing is beautiful, the mating for life is awesome you did a beautiful job, I can’t wait for more. The Bioexpa I can only say Wow!!! Please write more!!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Frances! I'm glad you enjoyed Her Sweet Alpha. I definitely plan to write more Bioexpa stories. They're fun for me, too! Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

      Delete