Monday, March 2, 2020


I’m going to let you in on a secret: I’m terrible at updating social media. I have two Facebook accounts. There’s the Thayer King one and then there’s the personal one for family, friends, and games. I update the personal account about once a year. Last year I posted two photos of my dog so that should cover this year’s posts as well.

I say all this in hopes that you’ll understand why it’s March and I haven’t updated…well, anywhere. I really appreciate your patience. Thank you to all of you who’ve dropped by to comment here and on the Thayer King FB page.

I had really, really hoped to have His Fantasy completed by January. And then by February. I can only blame myself. I tend to start a book with enthusiasm but as I near the end, my attention wanders off. This happens not only when I’m writing a book, but also when I’m reading one.

Despite this, I’m very close to finishing His Fantasy. For those of you who purchased Chatting with a Vampire, you’ve already read an excerpt. For those of you who didn’t, here’s a bit of a teaser:

     She was in danger of falling out of the damn dress. Kendal admitted she looked sexy as hell after all of Jennifer’s prodding and primping. They’d left Garrett to close up the shop while they left for Jen’s house. Kendal had styled her hair so that it fell in thick spiral curls around her practically bare shoulders. The dress had thin straps and a plunging neckline that revealed the soft inner curves of her cleavage.
     As she was seated at the reserved table, her self-esteem was bolstered by the many appreciative looks she’d seen from male customers as she’d walked through the dining area. This certainly wasn’t her usual look and she’d been worried that she wouldn’t be able to pull it off. Staring at her heart shaped face in the mirror, she’d been stunned by Jennifer’s handiwork. She’d even felt a spark of anticipation at going out and being seen in this dress.
     She glanced at her watch. Her date was running late. Kendal suddenly realized that she didn’t even know the guy’s name. After she was given water, she pulled her phone out of the dainty purse Jen had given her. Her oversized cell phone left little room for anything else besides a lipstick. Jen had laughed and slid in a condom. Kendal didn’t bother telling Jen that she wouldn’t need it. She found Jen in her list of contacts and called her. Jen answered on the fourth ring. She could hear whimpering in the background. He’d been asleep the entire time she’d been at the house.
     “Aw, is that little Garrett?”
     “Yeah, he has a fever. He’s fine. Nothing a bit of medication and sleep can’t handle. How’s the date? He’s to die for, isn’t he?”
     “He hasn’t arrived. I called because you never told me his name.”
     “I didn’t? Oh, that’s odd. His name is—” Garrett chose that moment to wail rather loudly.
     Kendal winced. “You’re sure he’s OK?”
     “Kendal, can you hold on a sec?”
     She glanced around the restaurant while she waited for Jennifer to come back to the phone. She tapped her fingers on the table. She couldn’t help but notice as a tall man in a designer suit made his way through the restaurant. He was undeniably handsome. His black hair was thick and curly. He wore it a bit longer than was the norm for men in power suits. His eyes were a pale color she could not identify from this distance. She frowned. He looked familiar.
     Jen came back onto the line sounding breathless. “Sorry about that, Ken.”
     “It’s OK. You have Garrett settled?”
     “Yup, he’s happy in daddy’s arms.”
     Kendal’s frown intensified as the man locked gazes with her and smiled. His eyes slid over her barely-there dress and his smile widened. “Jen, I couldn’t hear you when you mentioned my date’s name. What is it?”
     The man stopped at her table and grinned down at her. His eyes were a strange pale green that was almost clear. It was a most unusual color. It reminded her of a mist covered pond. He held out his hand. “Kendal, I’m Ciaran Gregson.”
     “Ciaran Gregson,” said Jen simultaneously.
     “Shit,” Kendal muttered.
     Only Jen heard her. “What was that?”
     “Nothing. Know this, Jen, you owe me big time,” she hissed with her head averted from Ciaran.
     “What? Why? He’s everything I said he was and more.”
     “It’s the ‘more’ I want to discuss with you later.” Kendal hung up on her friend. Jen knew she did not date white men. And of all the white men in the world, she would pick the one man responsible for that choice. Ciaran Gregson had made her last year of high school a nightmare. Well, she thought, pasting on an insincere smile as she finally greeted Ciaran, she could make sure at least one night of his life was hell, too. “Kendal Washington.” She shook his hand briefly before withdrawing.

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your newest work! Any ideas around when it will be published? Hope you're staying safe in these difficult times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking this book would be done for months! I'm currently finishing up the last chapter and I have plans for an epilogue. Hopefully, I will be finished very soon.

      Delete
  2. I love your books and I’m constantly trolling Amazon looking for new releases especially with the quarantine going on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the compliment! I know what you mean. I think I've read half the romances available on Amazon.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the info! I've been scouring amazon myself, I've reread a few classics that I love, Haven and Scott included! Be well, can't wait to read your new work and to hear that you've been keeping occupied with books too! I totally relate to you too Shopaholicgirl! goodday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm trying to make myself focus and finish this book but my mind keeps wandering off to ideas for another Bioexpa book and other ideas. Stay well!

      Delete
  4. Yes please to this book and another Bioexpa book too! You are hands down my favorite romance writer!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by and comment! I'm glad you enjoy my books. The Bioexpa books are fun for me and I'm always coming up with ideas for new ones.

      Delete
  5. Hi. I spoke to you on Facebook a cople years ago about the Dark story. Im happy to see that its still in the works. Cant wait to see what you turn it into. I love your books. Have bought most of them. You never fail me in each one. Anyway, im not talkin about anything. Just wanted to say hey again. Im also never on social media but thank you for helping me threw this quarantine. I Keep rereading the books lmao.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to it. Other ideas just keep getting in the way. When it's finally done, I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete